Interesting facts about breastmilk and breastfeeding
- Breastmilk is different when a mom gives birth before or after her due date, since the baby has different needs and a different intestinal tract! A mom makes different milk for a baby boy than she does for a baby girl, since boys need more calories due to their higher metabolism.
- The breastfed child has a higher IQ and will have a higher income as an adult than the child who only received artificial milk.
- The child who receives breastmilk has less ear infections, cancers, diabetes, gastrointestinal diseases, hospitalizations, respiratory diseases, obesity, etc. etc. The benefits of breastfeeding are stronger with each day that a child is breastfed. In many countries around the world, children breastfeed for several years.
- The longer a woman breastfeeds, the healthier she becomes too, and her life time risk of being diagnosed with cancer, diabetes, arthritis, depression, anemia and osteoporosis is significantly reduced!
- The taste of a mother’s milk changes with the foods she eats. This exposes the child to a wide variety of flavors before he even tastes other foods.
- Research shows that babies actually prefer garlic flavored breastmilk!
- When a mother is exposed to the flu or a cold, her body makes antibodies specifically for that germ, and gives them to the baby in the breastmilk!